Skip to main content

Lefties for the lefty


Today is National Left Handers Day. As a proud lefty, I feel it's my duty to post something leftyish on this day. Two of the last three years, I have. One was well-received. Another, which I might add involved a fair amount of time-consuming research, was not.

Today there is no time for research.

But there is time for something that I noticed that was interesting -- to me, anyway.

Pat from Hot Corner Cards sent me some Dodgers in an effort to coerce a card out of me. This is always an acceptable procedure. As I often do, I separate the cards out of the envelope into ones I need and ones I don't. ("Need" is a subjective word in the hobby and sometimes I "need" cards I have already).

The cards I needed were 1974 Topps Billy Buck up there -- a lefty through and through ...


... and this 2015 Archives card of Adrian Gonzalez, also a full-time lefty ...



... and this 2015 Allen and Ginter card of Hyun-Jin Ryu, who is actually showing you that he is a lefty ...



... and this A&G card of Jimmy Rollins, who throws righty but bats both right and lefty and I'm counting him as a lefty because I so love a game that forces you to be a lefty if you want to be successful.

So, how about that? All of the cards that I needed were of lefties or pseudo lefties.

Now, here are the cards that I didn't need:


Something they all have in common besides their Dodgerness?

Yup. They're all right-handed.

This lefty likes that.

Comments

Fuji said…
I'm so embarrassed. Totally forgot to add Adrian to my Lefty PC. And thanks to your other posts... I'll be pulling out my Ken Griffey and Kirk Gibson autographs too.