Skip to main content

Gint-a-cuffs, the first 'hit'

I told myself that I would do a non-Allen & Ginter post next, but I'm having too much fun here. So let's go directly to packs 4 through 6.

 PACK FOUR

   

180 - Russell Martin (+1, favorite team). Awesome. First Dodger. Absolutely love the pastel, water color backgrounds. This A&G set might be the best of them all in terms of looks/design.

 275 - Vladimir Guerrero (0 points) 139 - Daisuke Matsuzaka (0 points)

 259 - Napolean "Nap" Bonaparte (0 points) 

 

 

AGSO - Scott Olsen auto (+15). Junk auto hit? Card is very classy, but he is a Washington National. The positive side is if I pulled an Olsen base card, I would have lost a point. So Olsen found a loophole in the rules and I'm 15 points richer. (His signature looks like "Shh 19") 

 

329 - Carlos Gomez mini, A&G back (SP +7, A&G back +2, total +9)


NP67 - Adrian Gonzalez, National Pride (+4, favorite player list)
 
Rockin' pack.
 
PACK FOUR SCORE: 29 points
TOTAL SCORE SO FAR: 69 points
 
PACK FIVE
 
274 - Josh Hamilton (+2, favorite player). I pull a lot of Hamilton A&G cards.
129 - Brian Giles (0 points)
40 - Jeremy Hermida (0 points) 
 
238 - Vincent Van Gogh (0 points). Back when he was a youngster and had, uh, both ears.
292 - Oliver Perez (0 points) 
 
314 - Chad Billingsley (SP +5, favorite team +1, total +6). Super awesome. Nothing like pulling a short-print of your favorite team right off. Now I don't have to search forever for the Billingsley card.
133 - Roy Halladay mini (0 points) 
 
NP68 - Ichiro Suzuki National Pride (0 points). I should have picked Ichiro as my favorite player. There are always at least 5 Ichiro cards in every set.
Crack the Ginter Code promo card (0 points)
 
PACK FIVE SCORE: 8 points 
TOTAL SCORE SO FAR: 77 points
 
Worst one so far.
 
PACK SIX 
 
77 - Francisco Liriano (0 points)
184 - Chris Young, Arizona (0 points) 
 
24 - Steve Wiebe, Legendary Donkey Kong champ (0 points). The hours I wasted on this game as a teenager. But I never, ever sat in a chair. Man up, dude!
34 - Ryan Dempster, Cubs (0 points) 
 
168 - Adrian Gonzalez (+2, favorite player). PRP is earning me some points this round. Which is only fair considering the packs he just displayed
 
338 - Jason Wong (SP, +5). Here's the guy living my worst nightmare for being on a card for solving a puzzle. He does appear to be wearing a Brooklyn Dodgers retro jersey -- minus the Dodgers logo, of course. Maybe I'll draw it in.
 
190 - B.J. Upton mini, A&G back (+2) 
 
NP52 - Daisuke Matsuzaka, National Pride (0 points)
 
PACK SIX SCORE: 9 points 
TOTAL SCORE SO FAR: 86 points
 
OK, next post will be non-A&G. I promise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Donkey Kong record is tainted!!!

The Olson auto isn't THAT bad, I guess... he was a guest on a northern Virginia based radio show I listen to via podcast and was pretty funny, so I like him. At least he actually plays baseball.
Mark Aubrey said…
The Jason Wong card... he's wearing an Orioles jersey.

Check out his blog, especially this entry.
Nachos Grande said…
Not a bad auto - I haven't pulled an auto yet (in 3 years of Allen & Ginter purchases)...could this be the year that curse is finally broken? (Hint: yes...I might have "cheated" and opened more packs than I've had time to scan and write up - haha)
Dinged Corners said…
Does Ichiro look kind of squinched down on that national pride card?
And really any A&G auto is a good auto.
Anonymous said…
I'll take that olsen auto card off your hands.... let me know!
Alan Duda said…
Come on that DK record isn't tainted; Wiebe's legit! So he had a replacement motherboard in his machine when he set the record; it's not like he had a corked bat or was on steroids